My Blog List

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Wonderland Mystery Quilt 2010

This was our mystery quilt class for November and December. Can you see the ear muffs on one of the appliquéd snowmen?!!
We had 2 crazy patch pine trees and 2 'braided' pine trees all done as foundation piecing.
Two different 'snowflake' blocks and the 'Pineapple' variation in the centre.
I plan to add Prairie points, in various greens, around the outside instead of binding as I usually would. I thought that they would look like more trees, in keeping with the winter theme.
I chose a wintry background fabric (with crazy cats skiing) to keep the quilt current after the Christmas season.
Some of the other quilters chose brilliant red background or splash in your face blues which really brought out the snowflake blocks and showed off the greenery very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment