My Blog List

Monday, September 6, 2010

New Apple Tree

Well, I re-did the apple tree for the Fall Class Wall Hanging. I was not happy with the first one.
What do you think?
I think this apple tree is less colour chaotic with two greens and two reds in the tree instead of a mix of lots of scraps. And I prefer this clean blue background.
Having the challenge of re-designing and getting the whole wall hanging to make sense gives me a thrill.
I can always improve! Seems to be my motto.
Originally I was going to put a bushel basket with appliquéd apples around it on the bottom right under the tree, but I'm re-thinking that area.
How about a log cabin type of house?
Hmmm. I'll need to make a sample, to see if a log cabin house will dimensionally be balanced and complimentary to the overall 'look'.
I couldn't come up with a satisfactory foundation block of flying crows. It just won't work at all. I really want some crows flying over the scarecrow to give motion to the whole look. Probably I'm going to do a 'puzzle block' that will look like crows flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment